Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Swim Race

I went to a swim meet in Okotoks a few days ago, it was the Alberta Provincial Masters. In order to be look professional and to make up for my lack of training , I did put on my jammers, well , did try. Haven't used it for a couple of years and I feared that I could not fit in. True enough, it took me awhile to fit in and the fish logo stiched on my jammers has expanded twice fold .





Well , I did get 2nd overall though with a time of 35.70 . Gosh , this was the time I clocked when I was 14 years old. My best was 32.1 when I was 17. I actually regressed. :)
Here is the video of my race.




and here is the video of current world record holder Cameron Van Der Burgh 50m short course race.

(sorry , user didnt allow me to show the video here , please click link)
50m Breaststroke World Record Race


Difference ?

Time
Cameron Van Der Burgh : 25.25
Darren Lim : 35.70 ( freaking 10 seconds behind him)

Stroke Count
Cameron Van Der Burgh : 1st 25m ( 6 ) , last 25m (9) , total : 15
Darren Lim : 1st 25m ( 9 ) , last 25m (12) , total : 21


sigh , Cameron Van Der Burgh breaststroke is even faster than my freestlye !

No comments:

Post a Comment